This article only applies to users with The Unlimited Package. If you don't have the unlimited package, please use your edits wall to submit changes to your designer or call 800-577-0256 if you'd like access to editing your app content.
To display your tweets in your application you need to make a few configurations on Twitter and enter the Twitter API keys into your back-end.
You must also follow this process if you want your users to login to your app using their Twitter account (if you have activated the Authentication add-on).
To create a Twitter app, go to https://apps.twitter.com and click on the "Sign in" button on the top right-hand corner of the page, and log in.
Enter your login data and log in.
1. Creating your Twitter app
Now click on the "Create New App" button.
In the "Application Details" form, fill in the following fields:
- Name: Your application name
- Description: A one-line summary of your application
- Website : Your website URL( don't forget the http:// )
- Callback URL: http://127.0.0.1
Below, in the "Developer Rules of the Road", check the "Yes I agree" box and click on the "Create your Twitter application" button.
That's it, your app is created! A confirmation message will show to let you know everything worked fine.
Now you need to get the information to fill in your back end.
2. Settings of your Twitter application
Go to the Settings tab.
In the Application Details :
- Enter the value http://127.0.0.1 in the Callback URL field
- Leave the box "Enable Callback Locking" unchecked.
- Check the option "Allow this application to be used to Sign in with Twitter"
Below on the same page, you have the option to upload an icon for your Twitter application. It is not mandatory, but is recommended for your users to properly identify your app when connecting.
You also have the option to specify an Organization Name and an Organization Website if you want.
When you are done, click on the button "Update settings"
3. Access Level
Go to the Permissions tab.
In the Access section, choose the option "Read and Write", then click on the button Update Settings.
A confirmation message will appear when you are done.
4. API Key and API Secret / Access Token and Access Token Secret
Go to the tab "API Keys".
The API Key and API Secret are already displayed.
Now click on the button "Create my access token"
(If you have correctly modified your Permissions, the Access Level should be "Read and Write")
Now you have successfully created your Access Token and Access Token Secret, you can go back to your back-end.
5. Creating a section in back-end
In your back-end, go to the Content tab and create a Twitter section. Name it as you want.
Then fill in the following information about your Twitter account:
- Consumer Key & Consumer Secret ( = API Key and API Secret in your Twitter application settings)
- Access Token and Access Token Secret
To finish click on "Add".
Here you are! Your Twitter section in your app is now linked to your Twitter Account!